What taxes and social charges will I pay?
Home > FAQ > Self employment > Taxes

As a self-employed person, you pay only personal taxes. The tax rates depend on the canton and city where you operate the business from (or your home if you have a home office), of the size of your family and the level of income. First you pay an income taxof maximum of around 35%. Then there is social security with a maximum of 9% (you see this one back when you are 65). Finally, you need to charge Swiss clients VAT at 7.6% if your business is big enough. Small business are exempted from VAT and as well as most sales outside Switzerland.

The information contained in this website is not meant to substitute qualified legal advice given by a specialist knowing your particular situation. We can accept no responsibility for the consequences of decisions made following information found on this website. Micheloud & Cie is not a bank and neither sollicits nor accepts deposits. Currency conversion and interest rates provided on this website are listed for informational purpose only and may not be up-to-date. More >>

© Micheloud & Cie 2009      Tel. ++41 21 331 48 48  info@live-in-switzerland.com. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. Printed from http://live-in-switzerland.com/e/faq/taxes.html