Do I need to incorporate a company?
Home > FAQ > Self employment > Incorporate

No, if you are a citizen of a EU or EFTA country, you can be self-employed in Switzerland without having to incorporate a company. This means that John Smith could operate from Switzerland as "John Smith Consultants" for example, and would not be required to create "John Smith S.A." or "John Smith GmbH".

The information contained in this website is not meant to substitute qualified legal advice given by a specialist knowing your particular situation. We can accept no responsibility for the consequences of decisions made following information found on this website. Micheloud & Cie is not a bank and neither sollicits nor accepts deposits. Currency conversion and interest rates provided on this website are listed for informational purpose only and may not be up-to-date. More >>

© Micheloud & Cie 2009      Tel. ++41 21 331 48 48 No part of this site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. Printed from