What is a B permit?
Home > FAQ > General questions > B permit

A B permit (permis de séjour, Aufenthaltsbewilligung, permesso di soggiorno ) is an annual residence permit. It gives you the right to live in Switzerland for 180 days a year or more. It has to be renewed every year. It also gives the right to your spouse and children below 18 to come and live with you.

EU citizens will get a CE permit, which is a vamped-up version of the B permit with more rights and less restrictions.

EU citizen with existing B permits will receive a new CE permit as their B permit expire.

The information contained in this website is not meant to substitute qualified legal advice given by a specialist knowing your particular situation. We can accept no responsibility for the consequences of decisions made following information found on this website. Micheloud & Cie is not a bank and neither sollicits nor accepts deposits. Currency conversion and interest rates provided on this website are listed for informational purpose only and may not be up-to-date. More >>

© Micheloud & Cie 2009      Tel. ++41 21 331 48 48  info@live-in-switzerland.com. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. Printed from http://live-in-switzerland.com/e/faq/b-permit.html