|Swiss residency for Businessmen and Professionals|
Home > EU citizens > Businessmen and Professionals
you work for yourself and are a EU citizen, you can probably
become a Swiss resident as "self-employed". This program is
offered since june 2002 and is a major improvement from the very restrictive
system of the past.
Typical client profiles
This is a very flexible program open to many professions:
- Businessmen active in a variety of
industries, finance, import export, manufacturing, etc...
- Consultants in IT, management, finance, engineering,
- Freelance writers, journalists, photographs, translators,
- Shopkeepers, craftsmen, restaurant owners, etc...
- Commercial agents
"independent" program for Swiss residency covers almost every activity
where you do not work for a regular salary. To be granted residency under this
program, you need to prove that you will have an economic activity that
will generate enough income not to be in deed for Swiss social assistance. The
exact minimum depends on your circumstances, but for a family you should not
have less than yearly income of CHF 50,000.- (convert to Euros or Sterling). Being a resident means that you will actually live
in Switzerland most of the year, altough there is much flexibility if
you need to travel a lot.
After a 6 months test period you will obtain a B permit
valid for 5 years . This will give you the right to live Switzerland
with your family (wife, children and even your parents), buy Swiss real estate
with no restrictions, move to any canton, change activity, and offer your services all
over the world. You will also benefit from:
- A friendly tax system where taxpayers are seen as clients
- No requirements to invest, hire, incorporate or even have a separate office
- A business friendly goverment with an efficient administrative system with low red tape. Switzerland has a simple and efficient administration, especially when compared to that of most EU countries.
- A prime location right in the center of Europe. In an hour you can be in France, Germany, Italy or the UK.
- Probably the highest quality of life in the world
- A great country to raise healthy, multilingual children
- Good labor relations and ready access to skilled workforce
- Benefit from the image of seriousness and reliability of
Our company offers a one-stop service for moving to Switzerland
under the "independent" program. Our service covers all applications for residency,
insurances, VAT registration, Swiss taxes as well as practical needs such as
housing, schools and much more.
- Application for residence permits to the
municipal, cantonal and federal authorities
- We handle all Swiss taxes on your behalf
- Swiss VAT registration if necessary
- Commercial Register inscription
- Help to locate commercial premises if needed
- Help to find employees if needed
- Assistance to set up a Swiss accounting system
- Help with selecting the canton that best matches your requirements including comparison of Swiss taxes across several cities and cantons.
- Home search (buying and renting, both houses and appartments)
- Assistance in importing your personal items, works of art, cars, pets or
- Swiss insurances (medical, house, car, etc...)
- Relocation assistance for electricity, telephone, Internet
access, a satellite dish, etc...
The Micheloud family has been helping their clients
move to Switzerland for over 35 years. We have a great experience in this line of business and offer a
reliable, professional service. We work on the basis of reasonable fixed
fees payable according to the progress made. You will know exactly
how much our services are going to cost you before we start the process.More
about us ...
Don't hesitate to contact us for a free consultation by calling us ++41 21 331 48 48