|Swiss residency for people of independent means|
Home > EU citizens > Independent means
Swiss residency is now more accessible
than ever for EU-15 citizens who do not work and have enough financial ressources.
people relocate to Switzerland under this program:
- Early retirement
- People living from their own assets or other sources of
income and who do not
need to work
- Sabbatical leaves to take a few years
off and spend time on their family or on personal pursuits
- Mothers who
wish to raise their children in an international, safe environment with some
of the highest standards of living in the world
has become more accessible for EU-15 citizens since june 2002. We need to demonstrate that
you will have enough income not to be in deed for Swiss social assistance.
The exact minimum depends on your circumstances, but for a family you should not
have less than yearly income of CHF 50,000.- Swiss francs (equivalent to EUR34,000 or £31,000) . The source of this income can be money in
the bank, real estate, pension, alimony, royalties, etc... This is just a
minimum and if you have a much larger income you can
also benefit from Swiss lump-sum taxation (see below).
Being a resident means that you are expected to actually live in Switzerland
for the greater part of the year, altough there is flexibility if
you travel a lot.
You may not work or have a regular economic activity within Switzerland, but
if you manage your investments, are member of the board of a company, write
books, act in movies or engage in non-Swiss economic activities that do not
involve day-to-day work an arrangement can ususally be found with the Swiss
authorities that makes it possible for you to retain residency and enjoy lump
sum taxation. If you need to work more regularly the applicable program is self-employment.
You will receive a
5 year "EU" B permit that will give your spouse and children the right to
live with you in Switzerland. The same applies to your parents if they are financially
dependent on you, even if they are not EU-15 citizens. You will be able to buy
Swiss real estate with no restrictions and move to any canton. You will also
- Swiss lump-sum taxation. If you chose this system, you
will pay taxes on an income calculated from the value of your house. You
will not need to fill a complete tax statement in your life (it will be
limited to your Swiss assets). The more income or assets, the more attractive
the system since it you only pay a flat amount that does not depend directly
from your financial situation. More
about lump sum taxation ...
- A very central location right in the center of Europe. In
an hour you can be in France, Germany, Italy or the UK.
- Probably the highest quality of life in the world
- A great country to raise healthy, multilingual children
- The highest personal safety in Europe
- The best health care system in the world
- The Swiss have a great respect for personal privacy, respect age as a virtue and
have no prejudice against wealthy people
- Enjoy great political stability of Switzerland (no
war since 1515)
- Excellent public transportation (trains are clean,
modern, safe and they get on time)
Our company offers a one-stop service for getting Swiss residency as a person of
independent means. Our service covers all applications for residency,
insurances, Swiss taxes as well as practical needs such as housing, schools
and much more.
- Application for residence permits to the municipal,
cantonal and federal authorities
- We handle all Swiss taxes on your behalf including
negotiations within double taxation treaties if applicable
- Help with selecting the area that best matches your requirements including comparison of Swiss taxes across several cities and cantons.
- Home search (buying and renting, both houses and
- Assistance in importing your personal items, works of
art, cars, pets or wine cellar
- Swiss insurances (medical, house, car, etc...)
- Relocation assistance for electricity, telephone, Internet access, a
satellite dish, etc... about
The Micheloud family has been helping their clients
move to Switzerland for over 35 years. We have a great experience in this line of business and offer a
reliable, professional service. We work on the basis of reasonable fixed
fees payable according to the progress made. You will know exactly
how much our services are going to cost you before we start the process.More
about us ...
Don't hesitate to contact us for a free consultation by calling us ++41 21 331 48 48