Retiring in Switzerland
Home > Non-EU citizens > Retirement

You can obtain Swiss residency if you are 55 years old or older even if you are not a EU-15 citizen.

You need not to work within Switzerland. Many people in this program are retired or semi active, with only limited activities outside Switzerland. Many have children and enjoy the great standards of living available in Switzerland for both children and retired people.

    You need to be at least 55 year old to qualify. Your wife, even if she is not 55, can of course join you as well as your children below 18. 

    You will be expected to actually live in Switzerland most of the year, but there are exceptions possible if in good faith. It is not possible, however, to benefit from this system if you actually live most of your time in a different country and only come to Switzerland for the summer.

    Finally, unless you are a famous artist, you do need to show some ties to Switzerland such as previous trips, Swiss friends, relatives living in Switzerland, or other ties.

    Do not hesitate to contact us if you are not sure whether you would qualify.

    You will obtain a B permit renewed every year. This will give you the right to live Switzerland with your family, buy Swiss real estate for your own use, and pay taxes in Switzerland. Other benefits are:

    • A friendly tax system
    • A very central location right in the center of Europe. In an hour you can be in France, Germany, Italy or the UK.
    • Probably the highest quality of life in the world
    • A great country to raise healthy, multilingual children
    • The highest personal safety in Europe
    • The best health care system in the world
    • The Swiss have a great respect for personal privacy, respect age as a virtue and have no prejudice against wealthy people
    • Enjoy great political stability of Switzerland (no war since 1515)  
    Our services
    Our company offers a one-stop service for moving to Switzerland including all legal and fiscal requirements. Our service covers all applications for residency, negotiation of lump-sum taxation, insurances, health care, Swiss taxes as well as practical needs such as housing, schools and much more.
    • Application for residence permits to the municipal, cantonal and federal authorities
    • We handle all Swiss taxes
    • We find reliable local Swiss companies for you to invest your funds safely
    • Help with selecting the canton that best matches your needs
    • Full assistance to locate houses and appartments
    • Assistance in importing your personal items, works of art, cars, pets or wine cellar
    • Swiss insurances (medical, house, car, etc...)
    • Relocation assistance for electricity, telephone, Internet access, a satellite dish, etc...

    About us
    The Micheloud family has been helping their clients move to Switzerland for over 35 years. We have a great experience in this line of business and offer a reliable, professional service. We work on the basis of reasonable fixed fees payable according to the progress made. You will know exactly how much our services are going to cost you before we start the process.More about us ...

    Don't hesitate to contact us for a free consultation by calling us ++41 21 331 48 48

    The information contained in this website is not meant to substitute qualified legal advice given by a specialist knowing your particular situation. We can accept no responsibility for the consequences of decisions made following information found on this website. Micheloud & Cie is not a bank and neither sollicits nor accepts deposits. Currency conversion and interest rates provided on this website are listed for informational purpose only and may not be up-to-date. More >>

    © Micheloud & Cie 2009      Tel. ++41 21 331 48 48 No part of this site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. Printed from