Can I bring my family with me? A partner?
Home > FAQ > EU citizens > Family

Swiss resident with a EU passport can have some of their relatives come and live in Switzerland:

  • Children and grand children
    Children below 21 can live with you as well as older children who are still financially dependent
  • Parents and grand parents
    If they are financially dependent on you, all your ascendents have the right to come and live in Switzerland with you.
  • Girlfriend or boyfriends (including same sex)
    If you can establish that you have been living with somebody for 4 years or more, this person can also move to Switzerland to live with you, even if you are not married or if he/she is of of the same sex.

The information contained in this website is not meant to substitute qualified legal advice given by a specialist knowing your particular situation. We can accept no responsibility for the consequences of decisions made following information found on this website. Micheloud & Cie is not a bank and neither sollicits nor accepts deposits. Currency conversion and interest rates provided on this website are listed for informational purpose only and may not be up-to-date. More >>

© Micheloud & Cie 2009      Tel. ++41 21 331 48 48 No part of this site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. Printed from